Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Whew!

So now you're pretty much caught up with the story. I recieved a rather large box in the mail the Friday before the 4th of July (well, I think it was Friday...) containing the medications I would need. Since we weren't needing to coordinate my cycle with an intended mother or an egg donor, my med regimen is a bit simpler than that of some others I've heard.

I've been taking estrogen supplements for the last 10 days or so. I had a baseline ultrasound to measure my uterine lining, and some blood work , and will have a follow up of the same tests later this week.

I'm lucky, I've learned. My estrogen is in pill form. Most of the other gals I've talked to, or know, who have prepared for IVF have had to give themselves estrogen shots. Oh, but my time is coming......

If all looks good with my follow-up ultrasound and blood work, then I'll start what I consider the intense preparation meds. I'll have to start giving myself daily shots of progesterone. It's an IM shot. Right into the bum muscle. Says the girl who couldn't even poke her finger for a blood sugar in anatomy lab.... Chris swears he's NOT going to be giving me any shots. He and needles do not get along very well. Really. I'll just have to get through that first shot. If I can do one, then I can do 100. Good thing, too. If the transfer takes and I get pregnant, I'll have to give myself progesterone shots for awhile....

So far I haven't noticed any side effects from the estrogen. I don't think I've been particularly grumpy, or emotional. But I haven't asked Chris, either... he may have a different thought on that! I'm curious to see what the other meds do, if anything.

I can't believe my transfer is in a week. The time is just going to fly by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment