Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can NOTHING be easy?????

I'm annoyed. And crabby.

With my meds came a stack of consents for the clinic that needed to be signed. Yay!!!! More paperwork.... These consents had to be signed, notarized, and returned to the clinic "as soon as possible". Gotcha.

So, I start my meds. Very exciting, next step, blah, blah, blah. Then I'm off of work for 8 days. We go to my folks' house the next state over, we go to my sister's place- three hours away from that. We come home, I clean, I go back to work.

This weekend, Chris says to me, "Wasn't there something that we needed to have notarized?". I won't lie. It took me about a minute and a half before I had a clue what he was talking about. Then I remembered..... Oh s@*t. The consents. Well, it's Saturday. We'll have to get it done early next week.

Tuesday rolls around, and we have the stack signed and notarized. Whew. Done.

My follow up ultrasound and blood work appt was this morning. So I emailed the coordinator at Jason's clinic to let her know to expect results from the clinic here. I also asked her about the consents. Can we just bring them with us, as we'll be seeing her on Monday, or does she want them faxed first?

The return email boggles me. Well, you'll have to fax them to me as soon as you can, and overnight the originals. Apparently I can't continue on to my "big gun" meds until they have the consents in hand at the clinic. WHAT??????? Nowhere in my paperwork does it say that!!!!! Just "return as soon as possible". Now, I know I'm the one that forgot the consents, and that's totally on me. However, if the paperwork had said something to the effect of me not being able to continue my meds, the consents would have stuck a little more firmly in my mind.

Well, I think, I'm going to be down at the clinic, so I might as well fax the consents from my unit while I'm down there. That way, I don't have to pay anything. So that's what I do. I use the fax number that is listed on Jason's clinic's web page. The same fax number that I've used to fax everything. The same fax number I've given to the clinic here to fax results to.

Now I'm home. I let the coordinator know that the consents are faxed. She says that they haven't received anything, and what number did I fax to? So I gave her the info: the fax number on the contact page of your website. "Oh", she says, "well, that number doesn't even fax into our building, so can you re-fax it to my number?"

NO!!!!! I CANNOT re fax it to your number. I'm at HOME, and I don't have a FAX MACHINE!!!!!!!! My two year old is napping, and my husband is at work. I probably won't make it out of the house until AFTER your office closes. And on top of that, not only am I going to have to still send these papers overnight, I'm now going to have to pay to fax 11 stupid pages through. (If you've known me long enough, you know that it annoys me to have to pay for something I could otherwise do for free.) And I live 35 minutes, both way, away from my "free" fax machine.

And I'm supposed to start my "big gun" meds tomorrow. If this is hung up for another day because I didn't get the paperwork in, Jason's probably not going to be pleased.

UGH!!!! I'm trying to not cry, yell at my kids, and keep my head from blowing off my shoulders.

At least the IVF clinic here in town managed to keep it together for my appt this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment