Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting started..... again

Holy Hannah. We're actually going to do this again. Take a deep breath in. Okay. Where to start??? Well, guess I better email Anna, and see if her offer still stands. And, oh yeah, doctor clearance.

When Chris and I decided we were going to do this, I talked to one of the docs I work with. Very informally. I gave him the quick and dirty with all the problems I'd had since my gallbladder surgery, and where everything stands now. He said that it didn't sound like anything that would contraindicate pregnancy. Wanting to definitively cross all my t's and dot my i's, I made an appointment with him for a formal pre-pregnancy consultation.

Then one relatively short email later,to Anna, and I found myself filling out an application that felt very familiar to me. I sent in my little "About Us" blurb, the requisite pictures of the fam, and suddenly I was listed with an agency again.

Being listed with a smaller agency is a vastly different experience than being listed with a large agency like I was last time. I'm not sure one is better than the other, but they are certainly different.

Anyhow. Chris and I still had a same sex couple listed as out primary, oh... interest, I guess you'd call it. Anna didn't have any same-sex couples currently seeking a carrier, so Chris and I started shifting our projections to include a "traditional" hetero couple. It felt different, and not as comfortable to us both, but I figured that was the trade off for being listed with a smaller agency. Our major requirement, however, was that whomever we were carrying for had to be stateside. The international route was an adventure for sure, but one we didn't really want to repeat. Don't get me wrong, we adore N&Y (who are the proud papas of two very handsome baby boys, BTW), but the language barrier was more stressful for me than I admitted before- and now the guys are having unforeseen legal issues with birth certificate issues d/t international rules. No thank you.....

So, Anna put our profile out there. The next step was to wait, and see if we got any bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment