Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Screenings

So, now we're matched!!! What comes next? Well, lots of things. Chris and I were both going to have some screening to go through and we had a legal contract to pound out before we could even think about meds and a transfer. Sounds pretty simple, right?

Like I mentioned in the last post, Ben had made it partway through a surro-journey himself the previous year. Because of this, he already has a fertility clinic he was working with and trusted. He also has frozen embryos that are ready to go. We both felt that that would put us ahead of the game. All we had to worry about was the blood work, an ultrasound or two, and a fairly straightforward contract. Right???

Well. Before I could even get orders for the needed pre-testing, I had to submit my OB and delivery records to the IVF clinic. I had to be cleared by my doc for pregnancy, and send proof of the clearance to the clinic. That alone took a little while to handle. Once I was given the green light to make a testing appointment, I called the local fertility clinic. They are going to take care of pre- and post transfer blood work and ultrasounds close to home, while the actual transfer will take place at Ben's clinic.

I have friends who have dealt with infertility. I understand that everything is based on the timing of monthly cycles. SO, I thought that I would be seen by the clinic fairly quickly based on where I was in my cycle and what our goals were for a transfer date. Um, no. I called, and I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor when the scheduling gal told me that, for the kind of pre-screening I needed, I was going to have to wait almost a month. A month!!!! Really??? For a blood draw and some uterine examinations????? Again, I was a bit incredulous. But, seeing as they are the only fertility clinic in town, I had no choice but to wait.

In the end, it worked out. It always does. In the month that we waited for that appointment, Chris, Ben, and I worked together to pound out a legal contract that was acceptable to all parties. Chris was able to take care of the blood work screening that he had to participate in (not a happy moment for him). Oh! And Chris and I had our personality screenings. I wrote a little about it last year.... Remember? The MMPI??? It was as crazy this year as it was last year. But this time, Chris had to do one too.... He thought it was as nuts as I did. But hey, it proved that WE aren't nuts. Really.

All leading up to my screening with the fertility clinic. The part of the journey where things fell apart for us last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment