Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moving on...

Well, here we are. More than a year after the last post on this blog. Things are very different now then they were then. For those of you who followed me before, you'll notice that 98% of my old blogs are gone. Well, this is a new year and a new journey.

I thought long and hard about posting again. I'm an awful blogger. It takes time, effort, and dedication. In my world, there's not a lot of extra time- no matter how much dedication I feel! But in the end, I think this is a great place to kick around some thoughts, and to share my feelings on any given day.

Chris and I have been back in the surrogacy game for about three months now. After everything fell through last spring, we were both pretty crushed. It took awhile to decide if this was even something we wanted to pursue again. It was something I thought a lot about, and Chris and I kicked it back and forth a lot.

Then I met, oh... let's call her Anna. (I haven't asked the people involved in my journey for permission to use their names, so I'm not going to.) Anna was a patient of mine at the hospital. And she just happens to own a surrogacy agency here in our town. Anna and I talked a lot over the time that she was in the hospital. It made me sad, and a little hopeful to talk to her. I was sad about how things had turned out for me and Chris the previous spring, but hopeful that we could give it a go again. Someday. Anna told me that, if I could get the proper clearance from my doctors, that she would take me into her agency if it was something that I wanted to pursue. I filed that in the back of my mind...

Fast forward a few months. Suddenly, I decided that I definitely wanted back into the game. I'm not sure what the catalyst was (Chris might remember, but he's not home for me to ask) but I was ready to try again. Maybe it was that we were closing in on that one year mark from the beginning of our first journey. Maybe it was that one of my friends was on track with her own surrogacy; or that other friends around me were talking about getting pregnant. But I started to desperately want it again. So, I talked to Chris. And as always, he was 100% supportive of my decision to go for it.

And here we are. It's been a very full three months, and I'm not going to retell the story all in one post. Wouldn't want you getting bored, now would we??? But I'll take you form the beginning through where we are now, and then we can share this adventure together.

Hopefully this time, we'll end up in that most coveted place: With a baby in the arms of a very deserving parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment