Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Waiting and waiting some more...

And now we wait. 

The ease of waiting for those magical beta numbers directly coincides with my schedule, I've discovered.  When we flew to New Jersey for our transfer with Mia, we transferred, had our bed rest days, flew home, I worked three nights, then it was time for blood draws.  The week wait really didn't seem too awful at all and I was surprised at how fast the time went.  When we had our transfer last November, I took my three work nights off for the transfer and my rest days.  Then I had 4 days ahead of me before working again.  I wasn't running and busy (even though it was Thanksgiving week), and the week long wait seemed to take for.ev.er.....  I thought the blood draw days would never come!!!

This time around was a lot like the transfer with Mia.  We had the transfer, I had my rest days, then it was immediately time for me to head back to work.  2 busy days at home later and it was time for my first blood draw.  Again I wondered, where did that week go???  Waiting the two days from Wednesday to Friday, though hasn't even been bad.  My schedule is working in my favor!  I'm working Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights this week (which almost never happens) because of the Easter holiday.  So, I'll head to work tonight.  And at the end of my shift, it will be time for that second draw.  Then I'll go home and sleep, and when I wake up I should know what our betas are!  It'll go pretty fast!

Of course it's nerve wracking waiting for that set of numbers.  I'll let you in on a tiny secret though- we already know our first number.  And as I've explained many times, that first number doesn't really matter much.  It's just a reference point for knowing if the second number "has doubled or more".  I'm dying to know what our second number is, but it will be less than 24 hours now!!!

Here's hoping for big numbers this time around!!!  I feel like we all deserve a less stressful and unsure experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment