Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hoping the stars are aligned...

Sorry for the 20 days of silence.  I didn't blog because I felt like I would be repeating things I've said before.  Meds and ultrasounds and blood draws (oh my!).

Yesterday was that long awaited- I never thought it would get here again day- Transfer Day....  I spent the week indulging in my superstitious routines.  Massage with Linda: check.  Pedicure with green polish: check.  Lucky green transfer shirt: check.  And new to the routine this time, hopefully lucky green nail polish. 

As you all know, I was anxious about the thawing process.  We didn't have multiple embryos to work with, and I was afraid the thaw would damage the little embies that we did have.  Our doc assured me that the freezing and thawing techniques have been refined over the last 5-7 years ensuring an 85-90% embryo survival rate.  Seth and Johnny had discussed the possibility of transferring two embryos this go round to maximize the chances of a successful pregnancy, but ultimately decided against it. 

When I arrived at the clinic yesterday morning, the nurse gave me my magic little blue (green???) pill.  About 10 minutes later, my head was starting to feel swimmy, and they took us back to the transfer room.  The valium made me much sleepier this time, and I fell asleep on the table before the doc came in to do the procedure.  I woke up enough to hear her say that the embryo had thawed beautifully, and that it was already trying to grow.  She quoted us a 40% chance pregnancy with this transfer.  Which is double the chance of a "natural" conception every month, if you think about it. 

Next thing I knew, we were looking at the screen, and she was placing the new little embie between those two air bubbles.  Then I was laid back, propped up into the clinic's special post transfer position (they are a little superstitious too), and left to my own for 20 minutes.  I slept through most of those minutes..... 

Now I'm home again, on my days of "rest".  I'm catching up on movies I haven't watched in awhile, and checking out some shows on Netflix that I've heard good things about.  We're into the 7-10 day wait that seems to go on forever before we know if the transfer was successful or not. 

Here's hoping the stars are aligned and this little embryo grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment