Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New year, clean "slate"...

2013

A new year and time for a new beginning.  My New Year arrived with a bang, for sure.  I couldn't help but reflect on the timing of things.  Right before midnight, at the beginning of the new year, I started to bleed.  The nurse in me wants to describe what it was like, because it was like nothing I've ever experienced before.  The "normal" person in me realizes I probably shouldn't.  Suffice to say that it happened, and we can move toward a new beginning. 

So, what happens next? 

Well, the clinic wants to do an ultrasound to make sure I do indeed have a "clean slate".  Then we do more blood work.  We need to check my betas, and follow them until they are back to zero.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how long that will take.  I asked Linda when I emailed her this morning, and she didn't answer that part of my email.  I'm hoping just a couple weeks.....  Although, I did that thing I say to never do....  I stalked some of the online forums last night looking for how long it took other's betas to fall.  Some of the women on there said like 8-14 weeks!!!!!  It can't be that long.....  But there's nothing to do but wait.  Lol.  That seems to be our motto.....

Once those darn betas reach zero again, then we can have a conversation about another transfer. 

Here's to another new beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment