Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2013

A watched uterus....

We all know that old saying, "a watched pot never boils"....  Well, last week when I was cruising around the internet, I found one of those funny ecard looking things that said "a watched uterus never bleeds"....  Lol.  I tried to find it again, so I could repost it here, but it was nowhere to be found. 

In any event, I wasn't watching my uterus.  We were waiting for my beta to reach zero before doing anything else, right?  So why would I worry about what my pesky uterus was doing???  Then to my shock and delight (probably the only time in my life I will say delight....), my body decided to grace me with a period.  Without having to take the Pill for 2 weeks first!  If my beta was less than 5 on the coming draw, then I wouldn't have to do that first round of birth control at all....  We could count my own period as the next cycle, and I could have my water ultrasound and get the ball rolling again.

Needless to say I was keeping my fingers crossed during the wait to see what my next beta was.  The pessimistic side of me was all "Yeah, I bet it's something ridiculous like 6 or 7.....  Just enough to be above the cutoff....".  But my body had already cycled again...  surely it was below a 5.  Or maybe even at that coveted, big fat goose egg zero!  Well, it wasn't zero when it came back.  But it was less than 2.  I don't know how much less than 2, but that doesn't really matter.  Beta less than 5, and a period!  Time to get it going again!!!

Natalie sent us the "best scenario"calendar this week.  If everything looks good and falls into place- and if Seth and Johnny are on board to move forward again- we will transfer on or around March 5th.  I'm already giving my uterus little pep talks.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment