Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 16, 2012

The meds change a little...

About the same time Seth and Johnny were here to visit, my medications changed.  The clinic calls them our "to go" meds.  Something about that strikes me as funny, but I'm not really sure why. 

So, for these "to go" meds, I continue on the daily prenatal vitamin and baby aspirin.  I've added another course of antibiotics- in the form of a Z-Pack.  The antibiotics are because of the procedure itself- they will be inserting foreign equipment into my body for the transfer.  Even though the equipment is sterile, they don't want to take any chances.  I'm taking Medrol, 2 pills twice a day.  Medrol is a steroid, and it helps suppress immunity temporarily.  This is so my body won't see the embryo as a foreign invader and try to attack it.  I get to stop the daily subcutaneous shots of Lupron (woohoo!!!), but I start the twice daily Crinone.  Crinone is the progesterone supplement I will be taking.  Most gals undergoing IVF will take a daily IM shot of progesterone.  I, however, had a horrible skin reaction to the injectable form last time....   This is a vaginal "gel" that goes in in the morning and at night.  I will continue this one through the first trimester of pregnancy.  I'm also continuing the twice weekly doses of Estradiol- an IM shot that happens on Tuesdays and Fridays; also to continue through the first trimester of pregnancy. 



I don't foresee any weird symptoms or changes with the meds- I've been on all of them at some point or another in the past.  Until now, I've also been having weekly blood draws to test my levels of estrogen, making sure that everything is as perfect as it can be for transfer day.

The transfer always makes me so nervous...  Then I'll a ball of anxiety until I can test afterward.  I know my body can do this.....  I believe in the power of positive thinking, and I keep telling my body and lecturing my uterus that we WILL get pregnant.  lol....  I've seen IVF fail, though, and that terrifies me.  We do everything right to prepare our bodies to accept an embryo; the medications so the hormones are right, the ultrasounds to make sure the uterus is plump and ready, following the embryos to make sure they are as healthy as can be....  Heck, even placing them exactly where they need to be to grow!  And yet, sometimes it just doesn't work.  There are the hopes and dreams of two very special men riding on this transfer- and though it's not top of the list, a lot of money.  I try to banish the thought of failure as soon as it tries to creep in at the edges of my consciousness- positive thinking and all- but the thought does try to worm its way in....

And then I tell myself This WILL Work!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment