Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just passing time

Day three of bedrest....

I finally moved down to the couch today!!!  Some people say that having three days of nothing to do but hang out in bed must be fantastic....  Well.  It is unless you HAVE to.

Our transfer on Monday went well.  Well, after our lawyer got all HER ducks in a row.  She seemed to think that she didn't have all the necessary paperwork in place.  She did- she just didn't know it.  Talk about a stressful beginning to the morning.  But, the clinic gave me my Valium in the middle of all that, so I didn't really care after awhile....  ;)  The Valium didn't make me quite as sleepy as it normally does- though Chris did point out that I was talking with my hands much more than usual.  B & G have some awesome looking embryos, and we transferred two of them in.  Fingers crossed that they both stick!!!


After the transfer, it was straight home and straight to bed.  I took a nap, watched some TV, and then watched more TV, then went to bed. 

Day two post transfer was pretty much the same.  It's not the easiest thing in the world to lay down for days at a time though!!!  I managed to get pretty creative with the pillows, and that helps.  Toward the end of the day, I started to get a little restless, and started to get a headache- I'm being really good and having zero caffeine.  And I quit cold turkey- ouch!!!  Chris made me a yummy dinner, and then it was time to sleep again.  Oh, and I had a couple pretty awesome (lazy) bed companions, too.  Our siberian huskies did their best to keep me company. 

And now, Day 3. 
The bed was killing my lower back and hips, so I moved to the couch today.  Lots of water to try and offset the lack of caffeine, but I still couldn't kick the headache.  Maybe tomorrow.  I've been feeling crampy on and off since Monday night, and that has been a good sign in the past.  I find myself NOT doing any of the things I said I was going to during my three days of "freedom"- also how that usually goes.  Like tonight...  I'm supposed to be catching up on a new show that I've wanted to watch.  Instead, I'm watching back and forth between The Terminator, and Aliens....  Good ol' 80s movies. 

As always, the waiting is the worst part.  I hate that there is nothing I can do to guarantee that those two little embies are going to stick and grow.  We indulged in all our pre-transfer superstitions, we've visualized, meditated, crossed fingers, toes, and eyeballs.  I'm talking my meds religiously and trying to stay busy- so the time won't drag before our blood draws.  But in the end, all we can do is wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment