Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

There's a party in my uterus

Who knew embryos knew how to party???

I had a pretty good idea that things were progressing well in my uterus.  The all-day nausea and aversion to Diet Coke being classic signs and all.  Still, we were all waiting for that first ultrasound....  There's something about seeing that heartbeat that just makes me feel so much better.  And then we were finally going to answer that nagging little question- one baby or two???  (Although the chance of twins was less likely since we only transferred one embryo, the chance was still there...)

When we went in for the first ultrasound last December, I remember I was really nervous.  We had been planning to try and Face Time with Seth and Johnny, and all I could think was "but what if something's wrong?  What if we don't see a heartbeat?  Maybe we shouldn't Face Time this.....".  I was a tiny bit relieved when there was no wifi to connect to in the office.  And then the ultrasound was not what we were hoping for. 

Friday, headed to the clinic, I wasn't nervous at all.  I was hoping that we would get good pictures of the embryo, and that we would be able to see a great heartbeat.  Because I've been more nauseated than usual, I was wondering if there really might be two babies in there.  But it was all happy anticipation.  There was no trepidation at all as I got up onto that table, or when the tech got that probe all ready to go.

When the picture resolved itself on the screen, it was exactly what we were hoping to see- a lake of black fluid, a yolk sac, and a grain of rice with a flutter in it's midsection.  Whew!  I asked the tech to really look around in there, but our little Sethbryo hadn't split.  Just one healthy, heart happily beating baby-to-be in there.

The tech got an unusual shot....  It looks like little Sethbryo is standing up in my uterus holding onto a balloon (the yolk sac).  Little bean is having a party to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment