Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 8, 2012

Good thing I'm a nurse....



 So, Friday was a pretty important day in my life as a surrogate....  My meds came in the mail!!!
After I had the box open, and everything spread out in front of me, I decided I'm really glad I'm a nurse.  Otherwise, the array of items in front of me would be pretty intimidating.  I took a picture of it all, so you can see what I got in the mail too. 






 I think maybe all the syringes and needles would scare a normal person.  I just look at them and wonder if I'm actually going to use them all???  There are antibiotics there, baby aspirin, and medrol as pills.  The estrogen (estrace) and the Lupron are the two injectables (yep, ALL those syringes and needles for two fairly small vials of meds....).  And then the Crinone in the back is my progesterone supply.  I had such a bad reaction to the injectable progesterone the last time, that my nurse didn't even order it for me this time  The Crinone is a suppository (oh boy!).  Okay, but really better than risking another adverse reaction from the shots.  And it's one less shot a day!  Who can complain about that???

My morning regime looks something like this right now:



That is 10 units of Lupron, a prenatal vitamin, baby aspirin, zithromax (2 of them today only), my birth control pill (only for one more week), and a magnesium supplement that my OB wanted me to take.  I may stop the magnesium when I get closer to our transfer date.  I wasn't taking that the last time I got pregnant, and I don't want to interfere with the good juju in any way shape or form...  These are the morning meds that I will take for the next week.  Then things will change a little as I drop the birth control and add the estrogen (estrace).

The zithromax makes me a little nauseous, but antibiotics tend to do that to me.  I've had a raging headache tonight....  But I don't know if that is from the Lupron, or just me.  I tend to get headaches toward the end of my three night shifts- some weeks worse than others.  I'm not even sure if headaches are a side effect of Lupron.  One of these days, I'll pull out the paperwork and see. 

I feel like things are really getting close when we get to the meds that require syringes and needles.  And really, November 15th isn't that far away....  A month more and Seth and Johnny will make the trip out here!!! 

Oh- our contract is all wrapped up and signed!  Other than the actual transfer, I feel like all the "big" things are taken care of for the time being.  Now my job is to prepare my body and my uterus to welcome one or two happy little embryos, and invite them to stay around for 38 to 39 weeks....  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment