Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dreams already???

I have some bizarre dreams.  I always have had, and I imaging I always will.   I dream in color, I dream in sensations like smell and feel, and I tend to dream with a lot of intense emotion.  The intensity and bizarre-ness of my dreams tends to increase when I'm pregnant.  I have some real whoppers. 

I had my first "pregnancy dream" a couple nights ago.  I wasn't expecting it, and was a little taken back by it when I woke up.  When I was pregnant with Mia, I dreamed often about giving birth to our surro-baby.  In those dreams, I was never allowed to see or hold her.  I always chalked that up to my subconscious worries manifesting at night.  I knew "giving up" the baby was going to be emotional, and I think my subconscious was worried that we wouldn't have enough time to say goodbye before she was gone.  Something my waking mind knew I didn't have to worry about, but the subconscious and dreams are funny things......

In my dream a couple nights ago, I was at home after having given birth to Johnny and Seth's baby.  I was excited because they were coming to town, and we were going to get to see them again.  I was also excited, and a little apprehensive because I was going to be seeing the baby for the first time.  I didn't remember anything about the birth of the baby.  I had been discharged from the hospital just hours after delivering, and in that time I had not been allowed to see or hold the baby.  All I knew is that we had been expecting a boy, but didn't know what the baby looked like or how he was doing. 

Then, in the funny way of dreams, my husband was there with pictures of the baby.  And I had heard that there were pictures being posted of the baby on Facebook.  I refused to look at any of the pictures, though, and didn't want to have anything to do with any of it.  I was upset because I hadn't seen the baby in the hospital, and wanted to wait until we were with Seth and Johnny before looking at any of the pictures.  Then Chris tells me that the baby was actually a girl, and that they named her Lila. 

I don't remember much after that...  the dream segued into some weird thing about hotels and elevators not going to floors they were supposed to.  And me trying to get away from something.  Like I said, my dreams are bizarre. 

I just thought it was interesting that I'm already having delivery dreams.  And that my subconscious has chomped onto the whole "not seeing the baby" thing. 

It will be interesting to see what else my crazy mind thinks up!

No comments:

Post a Comment