Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Whirlwind Week

Whirlwind Week

After Miss Mia was born, we had to wait a full day before Jason was able to get into town. He was also traveling with his parents, and we were excited to see them all. During that time, I was able to care for Mia myself. While this wasn't part of the original plan, of course, I really appreciated this time with her. I was able to feed her and care for her, hold her and snuggle her as much as I wanted. Chris was also able to spend a good amount of time with her. Looking back, I think it was very therapeutic for us. It gave us the chance to say hello, and get to know Mia a little before we had to say goodbye.

By the time Jason and his parents arrived, though, I was so excited and ready to introduce him to his little girl!!! It was about time for her to eat again, right when we were expecting them. Chris and I wanted him to be able to feed her when he arrived, instead of having to wait another two to three hours... I wish I could remember the look on Jason's face when he walked in and I handed Mia over. I don't though; I just remember feeling so happy that he was there, and that he was finally getting to hold this special little Missy that I had been carrying for 38 weeks. Chris was able to capture the moment on video, and the family took a ton of pictures. I think....

We all sat and visited for awhile in the hospital room, and Jason and Mia got acquainted. I'm not a very social person, so I was really glad Chris was there to keep the conversation going! We signed the required paperwork, talked about hospital rules and regulations, and all the sudden Mia was no longer our responsibility. It was a little strange, but totally right. Chris and I were discharged later that night, and went home to our kids who were waiting (quite impatiently I might add ) for us.

It wasn't the last time we saw the new family, though! We had Jason, Mia, and Jason's parents over for a visit and dinner at our house on Friday night. My parents were in town as well, and it was a great visit. I wanted to make sure our kids had a chance to meet Mia and hold her- they had been a part of this experience too, and they needed a chance to say hello & goodbye. Saturday night we all went out to dinner again, for one last visit. Then Sunday morning, it was back home for Jason, Mia, and Grandma and Grandpa. Looking back, the week flew by!!!

I'm very thankful for all the time that me and my family were allowed to have with Mia. I realize in similar situations, this isn't possible- or even taken into consideration. Chris and I feel like we have added to our extended family through this experience, and look forward to what the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment