Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 28, 2011

Weeks 14 and 15


Okay... I was going to do a separate blog for each week. But I'm at work (in the wee hours), and I left my "list of things that happened this week" for 14 weeks' at home.....

What's new?


Well, I started going back to Zumba. Just once a week, and I've only been twice so far. It wasn't nearly as challenging as I thought it would be. I toned it down a little, and don't do a lot of the really...bouncy moves (like jumping jacks when she throws them in), but otherwise keeping up with the group is pretty easy. And my body seems to tolerate it well, too. I may try to up it to twice a week, with walking the track once a week. We'll see what happens. That's some pretty ambitious stuff.....

I finally found some shirts at Target that are working for me. Not maternity shirts.... just regular Ts. I'm sure I'll grow out of them at some point, but they have appeased my appetite for a few new pieces for the time being. My other new "discovery"???

One of those Belly Bands!!! I will be the first to admit that I thought they were the stupidest thing ever. Really, a stretchy tube of fabric that's supposed to hold your pants up when you can't get them buttoned anymore??? (Me rolling eyes) That stretchy panel doesn't hold my maternity pants up.... How on Earth would it ever hold up regular, non-maternity, unbuttoned pants? But, as last post told you, I was getting desperate for wearable clothes. These Belly Bands were prominently displayed in Target's maternity section. What the hell? I thought, then threw one in the cart.

I got a size small. I've figured out that the problem with my maternity pants right now is that they really are too big. There's too much fabric in the hips, and the stretchy part is too loose and doesn't squeeze me enough to hold anything up. As a result, my pants always fall down. Well, this size small Belly Band is a tiny little miracle. It holds everything up. Unbuttoned non-maternity pants, my work scrubs, maternity pants, you name it. I'm thinking I need to buy at least two more. Maybe three.....

Something more exciting than wardrobe, you ask? Hmmmmm...... Well, I AM starting to feel the baby move. :)

Just little flutters and small pokes, but there is definitely some movement in there. It's only once or twice a day, and I can't will it to happen, but it's there. I'm so excited to get to the point where the baby is a little bigger and I can feel him or her all the time. It's one of the most magical experiences ever!

Okay. It's time. I've been bad about posting pics. But with this being my 4th pregnancy, there was definitely a little "extra" in the tummy department hanging around from the previous three... I refuse to post belly pics until it actually looks like a baby belly, and not just left over fluff. I thik we're getting there.


So..... This is me, at 15 weeks'.

No comments:

Post a Comment