Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 13

Looking back, there's a lot that happened in this 13th week!

I was finally given the go-ahead by the IVF clinic to wean off my meds- the progesterone and estrogen I was taking to help support the pregnancy. Hallelujah!!!! That takes me down to a prenatal vitamin and a few occasional TUMS. For now, anyway..... The meds turned out to be one of the hardest things for me. I knew going in that I would be on progesterone and estrogen for approx 12 weeks after conception, and I didn't think it would be an issue. But there were just so many of them.... I felt like I was popping a pill or worrying about a suppository every time I turned around. I know it was necessary, and I would certainly do it again, but I am glad it's done for the time being.

My goal this pregnancy was to stay active, and try to exercise all the way through. It was disappointed when my OB said "no activity" after the bleed. Good news, though... Since the bleed has stopped growing, he cleared me for exercise again. Even said I could go back to my Zumba class if I wanted! I thought I'd start small, though- since I haven't exercised much at all since the transfer. I decided I'd walk/jog the track at the rec center. So, I walked 2 laps, jogged 1; walked 2 laps, jogged one. And then had to stop. The jogging really didn't "sit" well with my body- my back started aching and my whole pelvic floor area started to hurt. Sooooo.... no more jogging for me. Drat. I walked the track a couple days later, and that seemed to work much better. But after almost a year of pretty routine vigorous activity, walking just doesn't feel like enough. I wonder what Zumba would be like???

Getting dressed continues to be a challenge. My maternity pants fall down, my pre-pregnancy pants don't button.... I hate all my winter shirts that I've had for the past 4 years. But when I go out shopping to look for a few new things, I don't like what's out there to choose from. I don't really want to buy a lot of maternity things, but none of the "regular" shirts out there jump out at me either. So, I end up going back home with nothing, and staring in my closet before finally just grabbing something to throw on, and not looking at the mirror on my way by. Maybe in a couple more weeks, when my belly is more baby-round???

The only physical symptom that's new is heartburn. I'm starting to get more and more heartburn at night. I was hoping that this pregnancy would be different, considering I'm minus one gallbladder this time and all, but it doesn't appear to be so. Oh well. Heartburn and I are like BFFs.... I'll just have to invest in some zantac. My appetite is all strange now, too. I don't have much nausea, but I also don't have much of an appetite either. It makes figuring out "what's for dinner" particularly tricky... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment