Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just 2 weeks left...

Just 2 weeks left....

Holy cow. Our planned induction date is just two weeks from today. Where did the time go???

As we get closer to delivery, I find myself thinking more and more about what delivery will be like. I've had a really easy time this pregnancy NOT thinking of this little girl as ours. I don't feel like I'm attached to her in the same way that I was with my own kids. The thought of delivery hasn't scared me or made me nervous at all in terms of me being able to "give this baby up" as people like to say. Because this Little Miss has never been mine to keep.

Now that things are getting closer, however, I'm wondering if it's going to be as easy as I think... Now that's not to say that I'm having any inkling of wanting to *gasp* not give her up. She's Jason's baby, and not mine and my husband's. I'm just wondering if the giving process will be more emotional than I'm anticipating. I'm a crier, so I expect tears. I'm expecting to miss being pregnant a little, and I'm expecting to miss her a little. My hope is that my expectations meet what will actually come to pass.

And then I've been thinking about labor itself- wondering what it will be like. Classically, I've had quick, relatively easy labors. I'm hoping for the same thing this time around too. I'm smaller with this pregnancy than I was with my last, so I don't feel like I have an 8 pound plus kiddo hanging out in there. I'm wondering if we'll make it to our induction date.... if so, it will be the longest I've ever carried a pregnancy. Only by 2 days, but still.... And I contract a lot this time around. I've not ever really contracted before laboring before. So fr, the contractions haven't proven to do anything. But I know that can change any day.

Just like any pregnancy, there are so many unknowns. I'm excited and impatient both to see how this is going to play out. But at the same time, I'm really trying hard not to wish away the last two weeks of this pregnancy. This very well may be my last time being pregnant, and there is nothing in this world quite like the feeling of an active, happy baby rolling around in my tummy.

Here we are at 37 weeks. I swear, I'm getting worse at taking my picture....





1 comment:

  1. you look fantastic! Can't believe you are getting so close! Hope everything goes according to plan

    ReplyDelete