Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

pregnancy ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Uh, the holidays are over now.... so....


Uh, the holidays are over now.... so....

Hmmmm..... I just looked at my 25 1/2 week pic (it's down toward the bottom). Talk about chipmunk cheeks! I'm hoping it was just the angle of the picture. I'm thinking my face is starting to look rather.... full.

Now I know weight gain during pregnancy is normal and healthy. I'm one of those crazy people who chooses to never know my weight. I don't look at the scale at the doctor's office, and I never jump on "just to see". What a horrible idea. I choose to go with how my clothes fit.

Well, I know my regular clothes sure aren't fitting me now!!!! So I can't really use that as an indication any more. I've always said one of my goals this pregnancy was to try and stay active- I never accomplished it with my own pregnancies. And so far, I haven't done very well this pregnancy either.

I was in pretty good physical condition before this pregnancy, visiting our local rec center 3-5 times a week. My love was Zumba. With all the craziness that happened the first trimester, I wasn't able to keep exercising the way I had envisioned. Then my rec membership ran out.... Drat. Did I renew the sucker???? Uh. No. And I miss my Zumba, I really do. I think about my long lost class at least 4 times a week. But I'm pretty sure my body would take a furious ass-kicking if I went back now!


However, it doesn't keep me from thinking it's a great idea. I dream of my little support belt strapped to my ever-expanding belly, and me hopping around class like a pro. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty sure I'm going to be red faced and breathing like a steam engine.
Walking the track may be a better "get back into the game" activity.

My goal for the end of January is to get in and renew my membership. Then my next goal is to start going again. I miss exercising, so I'm pretty confident that I will work it back into my weekly routine. And my goal will not be to lose weight. My goal will be to remain active and feeling good about myself.

And if my face stops looking like I have chipmunk cheeks, so much the better. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment